The PAO Forums Page!

The Forums can only be accessed by registered members who have signed-up. Guests will only see minimal administrative forums.

Our forums are fully compatible and self-optimizing for computer, Android, and iPhone browsers! 

By signing up you can gain immediate access to virtually all our forums.

Note: You can use your existing Google, Microsoft, Twitter, etc. account for immediate sign-up!

You can move this note or dismiss it by tapping on the top-right corner "X".

PAO PAO

PooreClare

November Introspection Challenge (Starts 11/4)

Hello, friends, and welcome to the November Introspection Challenge. The challenge starts Monday, November 4, but feel free to join any time.

The details of the challenge are below, but basically we'll each be picking a few goals to focus on this month. These can be anything from dietary goals to reading a chapter in a book every day. Aside from posting our progress in meeting our goals, this thread will become an autumn safe haven where autumn-type pictures and other reminders of the season are encouraged. 

Please do not join if you are unable to update us on your progress at least twice weekly.

What to do:

1. Pick two to four goals that you want to work on. Quality over quantity is key here, so choose only as many goals as you think you'll really be able to achieve. Think less in terms of significant body changes and more along the lines of behavioural changes. You will not lose 30 pounds by the end of this challenge, but you might make an important life change that helps you on the track to losing that much weight, such as getting in the habit of drinking enough water.

2. Nonetheless, your goal must be measurable. For instance:

☹️ Bad Goal: Drink more water ☹️

😍 Good Goal: Drink 6-8 glasses of water per day. 😍

3. Make your introduction post that looks more or less like this one:

Name: Clare

Goals: 1. Stick to keto. 2. Go to the gym 3-5 days a week. 3. Put aside 25% of paychecks for Christmas fund.

What I hope to gain from this challenge: I need a place for accountability. I want this to be the first step in making these actions into habits.

Looking forward to doing this together! If you have any questions, comments, etc., hmu.

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Up! 2

So far, so good for me. Keto is going well. I even resisted the urge to buy nuts and peanut butter today because I tend to binge on them. I haven't gotten paid yet and have been killing myself at work, so no gym this week. But I'm feeling confident.

• Like 2

Name: Elissabeth

Goals: 1. Stick to my eating schedule 2. Relax for at least 30 minutes a day (doing an activity I like: gaming, being creative)

I hope to have a stable routine so I'll feel better. With the internship I'm currently doing, it's irresponsible to not eat. Working with chemicals, standing all day, I need the energy. 

• Like 2

November 4: went well, only I skipped desert and snacks&fruit 2/3. I've gamed a little bit and watched Netflix. 

November 5: went well, ate everything, no desert and one piece of fruit. Want to stick this week with one piece, hopefully next week 2 pieces of fruit. I still have to eat my evening snack. 

• Like 2

a bit late, i’m sorry!

name: m

goals:

~ attempt a no binge november

~ apply for a job, or find at least one hobby out of the house

~ get settled into my classes and work on at least one assignment every day.

Edited by porcelain light
sorry for the edit! i needed to fix the punctuation!
  • Like 2

Keto is going fine, though I ate more than I would have liked yesterday just because I was home alone. Took a pee stick test this morning, and am successfully in ketosis. Still haven't been to the gym, and haven't gotten paid yet.

• Like 2

November 6: I fully stuck to my eating plan. I played a game for a while.

November 7: today was a mess, I skipped my snacks and I didn't eat desert, even though I want to eat it, but I just want to curl up in bed and sleep. I still have to do my 30 minutes relax time. Hopefully that will cheer me up a bit ^^

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Elissabeth said:

November 6: I fully stuck to my eating plan. I played a game for a while.

November 7: today was a mess, I skipped my snacks and I didn't eat desert, even though I want to eat it, but I just want to curl up in bed and sleep. I still have to do my 30 minutes relax time. Hopefully that will cheer me up a bit ^^

Good job taking care of yourself! I hope your relax time has done just that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

going awfully. been bingeing so much, haven’t done any course work, have hardly left my room.

only nice thing was a small walk i went on today. there was a light coating of frost on the grass.

:((((

are there guidelines to what i should be writing here? i think this is my first introspection challenge? i just feel like i’m doing everything wrong.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, porcelain light said:

going awfully. been bingeing so much, haven’t done any course work, have hardly left my room.

only nice thing was a small walk i went on today. there was a light coating of frost on the grass.

are there guidelines to what i should be writing here? i think this is my first introspection challenge? i just feel like i’m doing everything wrong.

I'm sorry to hear you're struggling so much. This sounds a bit cliche, but maybe try to focus on the little positive that happen during the day?  And about your coursework, sometimes it's okay to lack behind. Maybe try to drop a little bit. I've read about the 5 minute rule. If you have something you really don't like to do or if you're postponing it, then do it for 5 minutes. Just for 5 minutes. 5 minutes doesn't sound too bad right?

That walk sounds lovely!

You can write as less and as much as you want. There is no right way to do it, so you can't do it wrong 😉

• Like 2

November 8: went well

November 9/10: I notice I didn't really pay attention to food. I guess it's in a healthy way. 

Tomorrow I'll pay attention to it again, because I'll need the energy to go through the day. 

• Like 2

On 11/9/2019 at 4:36 PM, porcelain light said:

The guidelines are on the first post. Basically you pick a few goals you want to accomplish and update us on your progress.

• Thumbs Up! 1

Hi! I'm a bit late, but I hope I can still join 🙂

Name: Nora (Nono)

Goals: 1. Eat under maintenance every day. 2. Tidy up my living space every other day 3. Complete one edX lesson every week day 4. Stretch 3 times a week

What I hope to gain from this challenge: I really need to incorporate these things into my life to be the best that I can 🙂 I want to add small things that are super easy to complete and make a habit out of them.

Thanks for creating this challenge~!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Nono said:

Hi! I'm a bit late, but I hope I can still join 🙂

Name: Nora (Nono)

Goals: 1. Eat under maintenance every day. 2. Tidy up my living space every other day 3. Complete one edX lesson every week day 4. Stretch 3 times a week

What I hope to gain from this challenge: I really need to incorporate these things into my life to be the best that I can 🙂 I want to add small things that are super easy to complete and make a habit out of them.

Thanks for creating this challenge~!

You are most welcome! Good luck with your goals!

• Like 2

Well, the good news: down 12.2 lbs since I started keto. Bad news: I accidentally bought the wrong tea, so I essentially just drank 36 carbs worth of corn syrup. If it kicks me out of ketosis, I will seriously off myself.

• Woah 1

On 11/10/2019 at 4:09 PM, Elissabeth said:

I've read about the 5 minute rule. If you have something you really don't like to do or if you're postponing it, then do it for 5 minutes. Just for 5 minutes. 5 minutes doesn't sound too bad right?

this is such a clever idea!! thank you!!❤️❤️ and thank you for your kindness! 💞

• Like 1

i meant to check my weight this morning but i forgot! today went well till i inhaled three muffins..

i also just got a new antidepressant! which usually won’t cause weight gain (knock on wood), actually the majority of people who take it notice some weight loss so i hope i do too!!

💕 i hope i don’t skip class tomorrow!

• Like 2

Nice goals!! @Nono

Wow Nice! I hope the tea won't mess up your keto @PooreClare

no problem! I hope class went well @porcelain light

November 12/13: I'm kinda forgetting fruits and snacks 😐 I'm also forgetting to take breaks when I should take them. But I think it will eventually be better. 

I'm going on a holiday!! So I won't be focusing on food much, well mostly eating delicious I hope! But I will relax a lot. I've finished everything from my bachelor, so the only thing I can do is wait. Let's hope it's going to be okay!! I'm going to my vacation with a good feeling! 🙂

btw, I'm happy to see more people joining the challenge!! ^^

• Like 1

14-17: the holiday was great!! Really rested mentally, not physically sadly. 

18/19: I'm forgetting to eat fruit and snacks. I should eat them again. 

20: today I have wisdom teeth removed again (the other side). So, coming week will be mostly relaxing and resting. I'm already bored lol

Anyone ideas for things to do when you're sick? 

How's everyone doing with the challenge? 

• Like 1

Important Information

By accessing this site, even without an account, you are agreeing to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and Guidelines and accept our We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. policy.