The PAO Forums Page!

The Forums can only be accessed by registered members who have signed-up. Guests will only see minimal administrative forums.

Our forums are fully compatible and self-optimizing for computer, Android, and iPhone browsers! 

By signing up you can gain immediate access to virtually all our forums.

Note: You can use your existing Google, Microsoft, Twitter, etc. account for immediate sign-up!

You can move this note or dismiss it by tapping on the top-right corner "X".

PAO PAO

PooreClare

October IntroSPOOKtion Challenge (starts Tuesday 10/1)

spooky.jpg.5b05a03c458eed10a3180fa0e1590195.jpg

☠️👻Hello, fellow creatures of the night, and welcome to the October IntroSPOOKtion Challenge! 💀🧛‍♀️

This month we will not only explore all things creepy and ghoulish; we will also work on personal goals to enrich our afterlives!  The details of the challenge are below, but basically we'll each be picking with outreached skeletal fingers a few goals to focus on this month. These can be anything from dietary goals  to reading a chapter in a book every day. Aside from posting our progress in meeting our goals, this thread will become a spooky safe haven where autumn and Halloween-type pictures and other reminders of the fleeting nature of our existences are encouraged. 

Please do not join if you are unable to update us on your progress from beyond the grave at least twice weekly.

What to do:

1. Pick two to four goals that you want to work on. Quality over quantity is key here, so choose only as many goals as you think you'll really be able to achieve. Think less in terms of significant corpse body changes and more along the lines of unfettered spirit behavioural changes. You will not lose 30 pounds by the untimely end of this challenge, but you might make an important afterlife change that helps you on the track to losing that much weight, such as getting in the habit of drinking enough blood water.

2. Your goal must be deadly measurable. For instance:

☠️ Bad Goal: Drink more blood water ☠️

🧛‍♀️ Good Goal: Drink 6-8 glasses of blood water per day. 🧛‍♀️

3. Make your epitaph introduction post that looks more or less like this one:

Name: Creepy Clare

Goals: 1. Go to the gym every other day 2. Stick to meal prepping 3. Write in fitness journal every day.

What I hope to gain from this challenge: I need a place for accountability. I want this to be the first step in making these actions into habits.

Challenge starts on Tuesday, 1 October,  so start doing some disembodied soul searching to determine your goals! I look forward to us doing this together forever and ever and ever.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up! 1
  • McLovin' it! 1

Name: Creepy Clare

Goals: 1. Go to the gym every other day 2. Stick to meal prepping 3. Write in fitness journal every day.

What I hope to gain from this challenge: I need a place for accountability. I want this to be the first step in making these actions into habits.

• Like 1

Name:  Elissabeth Frankenstein

Goals: 1. Write in my diary every day. 2. Attend all scheduled classes. 3. Spend 5-30 minutes a day to stand still. 4. Self study at least 4 hours a day (except on Sunday)

what I hope to gain from this challenge: hopefully it will get me through my last month of my bachelor degree!! I hope this will be a place where we can encourage each other in reaching our goals 🙂

I changed my third goal, I need a moment to stop and care for myself. 

• Like 3

Name: hypothetical horrors

Goals: 1) Study 4hrs a week. 2) Drink 80 oz water a day. 3) Do 1 fun thing each day (LOL, comedy, show, movie, read a book chapter etc., anything but be on my phone or asleep basically) 4) 80$ budget.

What I hope to gain from this challenge: Good habits for more than a couple days. I’m in a good place finally and if I’m held accountable by other people then maybe I will actually stick to the things I need to change. The last time I did this challenge I had goals in mind that were too rigid and unattainable, and I made myself feel shittier, but I think this time I’ve adjusted my goals accordingly. 

• Like 3

Name:  Lady Tomie

Goals: 1. Lose at least 5 pounds. 2. Study everyday. 3. Do workout at least 4 time a week.

what I hope to gain from this challenge: lose weight, pass my penultimate exam and shape mi body a little!

• Like 1

Today was a day off from the gym. I still wrote in my fitness journal. I got stuff for meal prep but haven't cooked anything yet. As Meat Loaf once so eloquently stated: two out of three ain't bad.

I wrote in my diary yesterday, I didn't attend my lectures, I've done a mindfulness exercise, I didn't do self study. 

2 out of 4.

Today I'm struggling to attend my classes again, however I did do the 4 hour self study. 

• Like 1

Today was much the same as yesterday. Went to the gym, filled out my notebook, but still haven't done meal prep. In all honesty, I've eaten with abandon today, which is most unfortunate. I have to get the dietary side of things under control. 

• Like 1

Month started with period and depression. The only thing I do actually is don't binge and walk to go at work. No workout, study neither. I should find decent workout videos, maybe something triggering cause they are so boring! 

• Like 2

You can do it, @PooreClare!! What makes you postpone the meal prepping? 

@LadyTomieNot binging is  great! Don't forget to look at the positive things as well. Maybe you should start small with your other goals and slowly build up, so why not workout for 5 minutes? You can miss 5 minutes right? And maybe you'll want to do some more after that. The same goes for studying. I know 5 minutes seems like nothing, but it's still a lot better than nothing! Go for it!

October 2: I skipped class, I didn't write in my diary, but I did tell somebody how I am and I studied for 4 hours, so I think I'm okay

October 3: I attended class :3 oh yeah!! I didn't write in my diary yet and still have to do the stand still one and I've studied for 3 hours (lecture not included)

I know I'm late but I hope it's ok to join still. 

Name: mummy mia! 

Goals: check in here each day, read for 1 hour a day, exercise 1 hour a day, stick to damn meal plan!!!!

Today I did the first three. 

• Like 1

3 and 4 october:  binge cause I was nervous and obiouvsly I missed the other 2 goals 🙄. Period is ended and tomorrow I wanna start again!

@Elissabeth thank you 😊 I'll try to start slowly with workout, unfortunately I can't do this with study, cause the exam is near, so I have to make the most of it! Congrats, you're doing great! 

• Like 2

I've been off all day. Didn't sleep well and i've had a lot on my mind, this combination always leads to a binge for me. 😞

-Read 1 hour X  tried to but couldn't focus

-Exercise 1 hours X I laid out my yoga mat, laid on it, then fell asleep. 

-Stick to meal plan Har har har 

-Check in here ✔️

About to go to a friends birthday party, going to try not to over indulge. 

• Like 2

Well, so far so good. I went to the gym today and damn near killed myself to make up for eating a bunch of cookies at 4 AM. Officially back on keto today, so the sugar cravings are bad, but I'm feeling full. Fitness journal is coming right along!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

10/1-10/6 Week 1

10/1: Studied 1 fun thing (special screening + discussion 🙂 )   20/80 H20 (forgot it was the 1st 😅) so I didn’t spend all $80 BUT, I’ve been doing terribly at it (I’ve bought 20$ worth of lunches in like 4 days so I’m dropping this goal. Might replace w a diff one but for now, it’s gone.

10/2: Studied!! 1 fun thing (finished tv show) 80 oz H20 (barely lmao) very good day!

10/3: Studied!! 1 fun thing (video game + put together a tv stand) idk but def not 80oz

10/4-7: study goal has been knocked out of the park! Might change it to 1 hr of studying per class per week tho bc 2 of my classes really took precedence. Also crushed the 1 fun thing thing. I’ve been going out, watching shows, playing games. When I get some money I’ll try fun new recipes too. Water. I have been terrible about water. Nowhere near my goal. I want to keep it bc it’s still pushing me to drink more than I usually do but yeesh, I’m failing. 

Thoughts: Studying is going great! I’m almost finished HW a week early, I’m doing more fun things so far (today isn’t over but I plan to). I need a job and also to stop spending money and this water shit is hard 😪 I missed classes on Thursday bc I didn’t feel like leaving the house which isn’t good obvi but idk I’m trying not to make it a habit  this school year has been going very well so far so I’m tryna keep that up.

Let’s stay spooky bitches 😩 🕷 😱 

Edited by hypothetical
Week 1 update finished!
  • Like 1

I am always super late to sign up to anything! But I need some structure back in my life so I am just insert myself here. Sorry for joining a week in!

Name: Seair Spooks

Goal 1) Watch a horror movie/horror programme a day (sounds odd but a) it is on brand for the month and b) i am in a competition with someone from work to watch the most horror movies/programmes and I don't like losing 👻☠)

Goal 2) £20 a week food budget (I am moving, going to Australia and going home for Christmas so this NEEDS to happen. Plus, less money means less food options!)

Goal 3) Follow my skincare routine and always applying a full face of makeup before work (sounds vain, becase I am, but I have had acne for most of my life and I work in a customer facing role so wearing make up helps with confidence and presenting myself)

What I hope to gain: some good habits and, as mentioned above, a bit more structure to my life. 

I babbled a lot in this, sorry!

• Like 2

I'm so happy to see so many are joining!! 

I'm away for the weekend, so I won't be focusing on my goals too much. 

Also nice, because I really needed a break from studying / normal life 😛

I'll probably see you back on Sunday, so tomorrow Haha

• Like 2

05th October

Goal 1: I did see the new Joker movie but I don't think that counts as a horror film though. BOO. I have the flat to myself today though and therefore the TV! WOO. 

Goal 2: £0/£20 spent so far

Goal 3: I did my full skincare routine! 🧖‍♀️

2/3 

• Like 1

06th October

Goal 1: watched 2 movies (look at me being an overacheiver). First I watched a new Netflix horror AMI which was hilariously bad; the second movie I watched was 28 Days Later, my favourite zombie movie. 

Goal 2: £0/£20 spent as my bf paid for salad stuff on his way home from football.

Goal 3: did my whole skincare routine

3/3 

• Like 2

@seair looking good!!

I don't think I've done any of my goals yesterday, but today I'll start fresh!! 

I've got 3 weeks till my exams, so it's only 3 weeks of horror and  then I can relax for 5 days :3

October 7

Diary: not yet

Classes: yep!

Standing still: nope 😮

study: 4 hours I think, yep 

• Like 1

Important Information

By accessing this site, even without an account, you are agreeing to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and Guidelines and accept our We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. policy.